Microblading | The 'Ready To Go Eyebrow'

Is it just me or does Microblading seem to be ALL OVER Instagram at the moment? I'm literally seeing it everywhere! I know that Microblading has been around for many years now as my mum had it done when I was a lot younger. Back then I was fresh faced and not very into make-up so the thought of paying such a high price for someone to put needles into your eyebrows made absolutely no sense to me!

Fast forward a few years and it now didn't seem like such a bad idea, eyebrows that look immaculate 24/7? Sign me up! I have never had a loving relationship with my eyebrows, when I was younger I thought my eyebrows were too bushy so I had them frequently plucked and waxed leaving me now with patchy and thin eyebrows. I've tried HD Brows on several occasions but they always bring me out in an allergic reaction and they never last longer than a couple of weeks.

I'd contemplated Microblading a few times but always decided against it because a) It's an expensive procedure to have done, b) I've not seen a lot of people I know personally have it done and therefore didn't have enough positive reviews to convince me into it and c) I'm a total wuss when it comes to needles! Now that I've seen sooo many people get the procedure done and love the results, I was convinced to look into it a bit more.

I found a women that was local to me and had been doing microblading for years, I read through her Facebook page 100s of times, looking at all of the reviews and pictures of previous clients and there wasn't one single bad review. So one night, after a few glasses of wine I decided to drop her a message and ask for more information. She was lovely from the offset and invited me for a free consultation where we went through the process, how I wanted my brows to look and how much the process would cost.

I felt comfortable and in safe hands and I agreed to book into an appointment for my first Microblading treatment. I was giving a list of foods, drinks and facial treatments that I was to avoid before my appointment and I was all set.

I was beyond nervous on the day of my appointment, will it hurt? Will they look good? What if I hate them? But even with all these questions and doubt, I knew I really wanted to go ahead with it. The procedure itself only took around 45 minutes to an hour to complete but for a good hour or so before the appointment we discussed in great length exactly what I wanted. This is something I was so pleased with as the lovely lady doing my eyebrows made sure every step of the way that I was happy with the shape, colour and style of my eyebrows before she even got the blade out.

One of the main questions I've since been asked after having my eyebrows microbladed was did it hurt? And I'm always completely honest when I say, it absolutely did. I had read so many reviews from other girls where they felt a slight pain or no pain at all but that wasn't the case for me. The pain wasn't excruciating otherwise I wouldn't of continued but I could definitely feel it! It was enough to make my eyes water but the pain was bearable and once the procedure was over and I looked into the mirror, I can hand on heart say it was worth it.

I absolutely LOVE my new eyebrows, they are exactly what I wanted and I have not stopped talking to people about how good having them constantly do is since! I will insert below a picture of my eyebrows after I had just got them done, unfortunately I didn't take a before picture but I will also include an (embarrassing) photo that I've found of my natural eyebrows before they were micro bladed.

This was taken just after I'd had them done the first time, please excuse my makeup, I'm not looking my best!

I regrettably never got a photo of my eyebrow before the procedure but I found this makeup free photo from my holiday to Thailand a couple of years ago and it shows how sparse my brows use to be!

The aftercare has been a bit of a pain as for 2 weeks afterwards you are not allowed to get your eyebrows wet, even in the shower which has proven to be a rather difficult task. You also can't get sweat in them and they need keeping out of direct sunlight which was slightly annoying especially when the weather was great and I wanted to sunbathe! But I still think they are great and I am so happy I went through with it!

Have any of you tried microblading? I'd love to hear how you feel about your semi-permanent brows!





3 comments:

  1. OMG your eyebrows look amazing!!!! I have been seeing microblading everywhere, but I have actually been really blessed with good brows that never need to be filled in. I'm glad you had a good experience :D
    Love,
    Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt very happy while reading this site. This was really very informative site for me. I really liked it. This was really a cordial post. Thanks a lot!. microblading courses

    ReplyDelete

 

Beautiful Followers