How to Make the Most out of your University Bedroom

I've been aiming to do this post for a while as I remember spending countless hours looking for student hall decoration inspo when I was in sixth form, so if you're like me and want to make your room feel homely and personal then fear not this post will satisfy your needs! 

I found out about 3 weeks before getting to Newcastle that my room was going to already have a basic colour theme of purple and lime green which I wasn't too keen on because my room inspo was all based on vintage chic and pastel colours but instead of hating on my room decor, I decided to embrace it! I chose an initial colour scheme of Purple, Lime Green, Aqua Blue and Hot Pink and used this as a basis for everything I bought. 


I spent countless hours on Pinterest looking at cheap decor ideas and that lead me to make this flag bunting, which isn't the neatest looking decoration but I love the fact it looks homemade. I also found this nifty idea for a wall calendar which I made just by printing off sheets of paper and sticking them of with white tac. 


My desk area looked plain and boring when I first arrived so I created a collage of everything I love and all the concert tickets I have, I love how personal it is and everything on there is either something I already owned like the concert tickets or again things I had printed off Pinterest.




Fairy lights are a must in any girly university bedroom and so I headed to Primark and picked up two sets for £6. I like the Primark fairy lights as they're battery powers meaning you can stick them anywhere and not have to worry about rogue wires and being close to a plug socket. One of my favourite buys is the LED peg fairy lights I have next to my bed as I can put photos up as well as having just lights as decoration.


I'm a bit of a neat freak when it comes to my wardrobe and even though the majority of my clothes spend their time on my floor, when they are hung up, I like them to be in a colour order, I personally feel this make it look neater and way more presentable. I have faaaar to many clothes so I also bought an extra clothes rail and decided to keep my extensive collection of black clothing on there. 



I was lucky enough to have a room with a TV and sofa in when I came to university, my sofa is positioned in a small alcove area so I jazzed the area up with posters from my favourite movies and TV shows. I also bought some pillows from IKEA and a throw for when I'm watching films. 





Sticking to the DIY theme, I've been saving glass jars from my cooking since I've been here and I'm now reusing the jars as make up brush and pen holders, I've added little printed labels on them which I think makes them look prettier and not just like an empty Dolmio Jar.



I hope you enjoyed this little tour around my university room, apologies for the picture quality as all the images were taken on my iPhone. I'd love to see any decor ideas you have used in your bedrooms!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Beautiful Followers