My Skincare Routine


Two blog posts in two days, I know right! But here I am again, this time to talk about skincare. *Disclaimer* I actually have no clue about skin products and the ingredients in them so please don't follow this as a tutorial as you may be left sadly disappointed. This post is purely to show my fellow bloggers what I use on my skin and what works for me personally. I thought I would start off with telling you my skin type is combination/oily and therefore these products are more for that type of skin type. So I'll get into it now!

Face Mask
I only use a face mask once a week (or twice if I'm having a particular break out of spots) and the one I am reaching for at the moment is Lush's mask of magnaminty which seems to be doing the job just fine! I only recently bought this product when I was in Manchester a few weeks ago because 'SHOCK HORROR' I have never bought anything from Lush before so I went in determined to buy a product and bought this mask. It smells like mushy peas and makes my face feel refreshed and tingly. I intend to do a review on the product later in week, so keep your peepers open for that one!

Cleanser
I would then move onto a cleanser, I use my cleanser twice daily, once in the morning and once before bed. The cleanser I'm using now is Elemis's Balancing Lime Blossom Cleanser which I received off my mother for Christmas. It makes my skin instantly feel softer and it smells like limes and flowers which I love! The cleanser is intended to balance out the skin by adding moisture to dry areas and making oily areas more matte.

Toner
Next up is Toner, I have the matching toner to my Elemis Cleanser which is the Elemis's Balancing Lavender Toner. I kind of dislike the smell to this one because I'm not a massive fan of the Lavender scent but it makes such a difference to my face, especially in the evenings when I'm taking my make up off. I always take my make up off which a bog-standard face wipe and I never realised how much was left on my face until I started using this product. I spray the toner onto a cotton pad and wipe over my face with it and then carry on until there is no make up residue coming off onto the pad.

Spot Killer
Do not ask me why but I always feel this stage is the best to apply my spot treatment, it probably isn't where I'm suppose to apply it so if anyone knows when I should be applying it then please comment and let me know! I have tried several spot treatments for when I have a spot coming or a spot that has already crept onto my face and nothing ever compares to this spot treatment, Freederm. I apply a pea sized amount to spots and it dries them right out, I think this one is suitable for all skin types too so definitely try this one out!

Moisturiser
I know nothing about moisturiser to be quite honest with you all and I'm pretty sure there are far better moisturisers on the market that I could be using but hey ho. My morning moisturiser that I use is the Garnier Moisture Match Mattifying Face Cream, I love the smell of this as it smells really fresh but I find that it leaves my face with a really weird texture so maybe I won't be repurchasing it when I run out. And finally I have literally just started using the Lacura Restorative Night Cream as I never moisturise at night and I think this one leaves my skin too oily, I also read the packet and it said it's for aging skin, so again I won't be repurchasing this product either.

So there it is, my skin care routine! Not my most interesting blog post but I felt I should still share it. If anyone has any recommendations for new moisturiser that won't leave me absolutely skint then please feel free to comment! Much love,



8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice products! I like your blog! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Inspirations
    Come and see my current GIVEAWAY on my Blog

    FOLLOW ME
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de
    https://www.facebook.com/Rimanerenellamemoria
    http://instagram.com/rimanerenellamemoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Elemis cleanser does wonders on my skin as well!

    I'm following now, I would be more than happy to see you on my list as well!

    xoxo,
    Froso
    Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, haven't tried any of the elemsis skincare products before, will haveeee to investigate, fabbby reviews (: xxoxox


    www.fashionplaytime.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty blog!!!

    Would you like to follow? Let me know & I follow right back!

    Kiss,
    PERONALBLOG|G+|BLOGLOVIN’|FACEBOOK|INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post! ♥

    Let's follow to each other! :)

    www.anetesdomas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Beautiful Followers